Urology Community
Calcium Oxalate Crystals

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Calcium Oxalate Crystals

Dear Doctor, As per the instruction of a doctor i have examined my daughter's (1 year Old) urine and CALCIUM OXALATE CRYSTALS PRESENT in the urine exam result. what will be the reason for this. I have kidney stone. But why this kind getting the crystal. what is the solution. is there any medicine to clear this problem. Please reply
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Firstly, I’ll suggest an increase in the fluid intake. Also avoiding tea /coffee later in life as they are quite rich in oxalates and regular consumption of orange/lime juice which prevents the precipitation of the stones in the urinary tract.
You don’t need to worry too much but simultaneously need to take care that she doesn’t develop any symptoms of urinary stones like pain abdomen and burning micturition.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Take care.
Thanks a lot for reply

regards

joseph
Hi doctor my 5yrs old son complain of fever I took him to a clinic only to find out that he has calcium oxalate in his urine a scientist advice me to give him dextrose water intravenously that it help flush it out . I want know is it wise to use it?
From lilian.
From lilian.