Urology Expert Forum
Can ORal Sex cause urinary tract infections
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can ORal Sex cause urinary tract infections

For the last 2 years I have been getting these infections. Can oral sex with my husband cause these. He has had on and off infections in his mouth he has gone to the dentist and had extensive work done. The dentist gave him antibotics and for two months I did not have any now he has another sore tooth and I'm getting them back. I have never had them so bad as now and we have been together for about 2 half years. I drink lots of water and eat heathly I haven't really done anything different than and other time in my life. But this is starting to cause a probalem in sex life he says its not his fault. I go to the bathroom before and after intercourse but still get them a day later the pressure and frequency is pretty bad now its getting really painful. Now he doesn't want to have Oral sex at all and so then he doesn't want intercorse either.

Please advise.

Christine