Urology Community
Can a Urine test show negative to a UTI yet you still have an ifection ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Can a Urine test show negative to a UTI yet you still have an ifection

I have an urge to go and urinate frequently even if I urinate and empty I will feel the need to go again virtually straight away.  I have also noticed that my urine smells different and has a stronger smell than before.  I have had some discomfort whilst urinating but nothing that causes pain but have noticed some discomfort in the lower part of my stomach.  My stomach feels heavier and has some discomfort on the right side.  I have generally not felt as well as normal and have had heaps of tests that appear to be normal, two of which were fo urine tests for a UTI and Clahmidia.  Both came out normal, I think he did blood tests for diabeties which showed a normal result, any ideas on where I should look next as this appears to not be getting any better.  I did think I had something similar 4-5 months ago but it got a bit better and now it has been back for about 4 weeks.  It is also worse when I sit down but you can now still feel it when you walk.  Any help would be appreciated.  
Things like poplys and fibroids in the uterus can cause pressure and discomfort on to the bladder.  It can lead to frequency, urgency in urination and a niggling irritating need to urinate.

Thanks for your info, only one problem I'm a male in so called good health even my cholestrol was only 3.4, blood pressure is textbook with an rp of 49.  Obviously there are other problems with me that I don't know of.  cheers
Woops, sorry for the mistake, hope you get sorted out soon.