Urology Community
Can anxiety cause groin/testicle pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Can anxiety cause groin/testicle pain?

Long story short.  I have had bouts with anxiety in the past, always presenting as pain in some part of the body.  The first time I experienced it was a stressful time in my life and it was started in the neck; other times I have had stomach pains; now more recently I came down with urological symptoms.  Have been to the urologist for the exams, antibiotics, and the fact is bacteria is never found.  I do wonder how much damage I have done to myself due to antibiotics I probably never needed.  Now pain is back very strong in groin or testicle (can't even really tell where it comes from). Urologist found nothing remarkable.  I am under a lot of stress and it is now seeming to me that this could be yet another manifestation of my old friend anxiety!  Anybody else have the same experience?

i have something similar to that , ive had testes pain swelling and some groin pains for bout 4months now my doctor cant figure it out i had ultra sounds tht were clear tried antibiotics that did nothing my doctor says they are fine but they hurt all the time , really winds me up i think sometimes its my anxiety coz i have that froma nerve damage problem in my perineum legs and feet but itis possible for something in the pelvis or groin to cause testicle problems.

have you had a ultra sound or other scans of the testes or pelvic area to rule out anything that might cause the pain ? im trying to persuade my doc to send me to a urologist for more precise tests i read that testosterone deffiency can cause alot of probs with testicles , did you ever find out what it was or isit stil a problem ?  
Did you test for stds or herpes ?
Herpes can cause pain and swollen.
Do you have any other symptoms ?

Thank you
You do not give your age but have you had prostate blood and urine tests? Prostatitis whether bacterial which would show up in a urine test or non bacterial gives pains in all areas ofthe groin and lower back.
Stress is an enormous problem and has produced pains for me almost everywhere over the years. It seems to latch on to what ever is not so good at the time.
An enlarged prostate can cause pains but you would have other symptoms like frequent urination ,urgent urination ,weak flow etc.
Good luck with the stress and I hope you get to the foot of your problem