Urology Community
Can anxiety cause urinary tract symptoms?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can anxiety cause urinary tract symptoms?

Since April 6th, I have been suffering from a chronic need to void, but after doing so still feeling urgency. My urologist and regular doctor have been running all kinds of tests and they can't figure out what is wrong with me. Today, my doctor suggested I see a psychologist to see if it's possible that my physical symptoms are related to my anxiety disorder. Is this possible? For some background:

For the last year and a half I have been urinating frequently, but it wasn't until April 6th that the never ending urge to void started. The bizarre thing is that this started immediately after masturbation to climax. On two other occasions since then I have masturbated and the symptoms have gotten worse every subsequent time. I am petrified of doing so again and am refraining from all sexual activity.

Any suggestions, advice, help, comments would be appreciated. I'm slowly going crazy.