Urology Expert Forum
Can chronic pain in the testis derive from kidney stones?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can chronic pain in the testis derive from kidney stones?

I have suffered from urolithiasis since I was 22. I am 32 years old now. The first three times I had this problem I drank plenty of fluids and was able to wash out the stones. Once I passed the stones all my symptoms dissapeared as quickly as they had begun.
Two months ago I woke up early in the morning and urinated as always. This time, however, when I finished urinating I began to feel pain in both testicles. In the next few days the pain would alternate between the two testicles.  I went to my urologist, he suggested an intravenous urography exam. The result came back negative. The pain in the in the right testicle nevertheless would not go away.  The doctor prescribed Cipro for 3 weeks for what he believed was prostatitis.  Ten days later I passed a stone. But even after the stone was out, the pain was still there as uncomfortable as it was in the beginning.  I collected the stone and took it to a lab. It was uric acid.  With the help of a professional I started a diet low in poultry, fish and red meat. I started to drink almost 4 liters of water a day.
Out of desperation, I visited another urologist.  He made a physical exam and assured me the pain in the testicle was referred.  He also found a varicocele in the left testicle, the one that does not hurt.
He performed a lithotripsy and found only what he called sand. He said maybe another stone had been there or was about to form.
Its been a few days since the procedure and the pain in the right testicle continues.  It gets worse when Im standing for a long time or when I urinate a lot.  I feel some releif when I sit down.  It also gets worse when I have an erection, while masturbating and when I ejaculate.  After the painful ejaculation, the pain goes away for a few seconds and then comes back.  The strange thing is that when I touch the testicle I cant feel the pain.  I am very worried my pain might become chronic if I dont do something about it.  Can you give me some advice on what to do? I havent done any exams on my testicles and prostate. Im taking a painkiller but its not working. Can chronic pain in the testicles derive from a kidney stone?
I would really appreciate your advice.  I really dont know that to do.  Thank You.