Urology Community
Can you help me shed some light on this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

It's been 9 days since I started to have a fever, and a slight pain in my pubic area, specially to the left. I rested at home for two days with high fever (38ºC - 39ºC) and no improving whatsoever, until I decided to visit the doctor. The first diagnostic I got was that I had the flu, and he gave me paracetamol for the pain.

Later, the same day, when I went to urinate, it came out the color of red tea, and very cloudy. Alarmed, I went to the clinic. They took a few urine samples and confirmed microscopic hematuria. Strangely enough, those samples were not the same color as the urine I released at home. The rest was pretty normal, they told me; no leucocytes, no acetone. This time they gave me Metamizol for the pain and the fever, and told me to come back if I went past 38ºC again, the pain worsened, or a new symptom appeared.

I seemed to get a little bit better for two days, but still with high fever, until I had to go back again to the clinic on monday. This time they did blood, urine, x-ray tests and a gasometry. Everything came within acceptable levels, and pretty clean, and they couldn't pinpoint the cause of the high fever and the abdominal pain. They also took a urine cultive, of which I still don't know the results. They insisted that this must be a virus, and told me to keep the treatment and endure it for a bit.

Like I said, it's been 9 days since the symptoms started, and the pain has worsened a little bit, along with the pressure sensation on my lower back and my front, and the fever has kept at 38ºC most of the time. Any of you has any clue about what might I have? It's driving me insane and I just want to get better.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical valuation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma/ injuries, ulcers/ erosions, calculi, growths/ masses, neuro-muscular causes etc. If the symptoms continue beyond 3-5 days, I would suggest seeking a review with your primary care physician for a detailed evaluation. After a specific cause is identified/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!