Urology Expert Forum
Can you please help
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can you please help

Hi Dr

Can you please give me any ideas on what is happening with me.  I had unprottected vaginal sex with a lday I know very well and have known her 3 years.  After 4-5 days  I started to get burning sensation in my scrotum and occassionally at tip of penis, the burning sensation passing into my thighs (mainly when seated).  My doctor put me on 1 weeks course of doxycycline but the symptoms persist.  I am 4 weeks post exposure now and still have burning/tingling crawling sensation in my scrotum.  I am getting sharp/sudden stinging pain in my elbows and ankles, along with a aching feeling behind my knees.  I have visited GUM clinic and they have tested for chlamydia and gonnorea and both swabs come back negative.  They have given me 1 gram Azithromycin one week ago but again to no avail.  I know this is definately to do with this sexual encounter as last year I had sex with same woman and the symptoms were exactly the same, only this time seems worse.  I have no discharge, and have occassional discomfort when urinating.  The burning/tingling sensation seems to worse when sitting or driving for some reason.  I tested negative for HIV last year but have not retested after this episode.  Can you please give me your thoughts.

Many thanks