Urology Community
Cannot Urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cannot Urinate

For the past couple days I cannot physically urinate.  For hours I feel like that then all of a sudden I can go bits at a rime I have fever so I'm lost???
Thanks!!!!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The first possibility for retention urine and fever is a urinary tract infection. In absence of any UTI, other causes which may cause such symptoms are urethral syndrome, any blockage in the flow of urine like any scar tissue, injury (as in a car wreck or bad fall), blood clots, infection, tumors in the pelvic region, and stones, infection or due to disruption of the delicate and complex system of nerves that connects the urinary tract with the brain and the nervous system.

I suggest you an immediate urologist’s evaluation to check out these possibilities and confirm the diagnosis after investigations.  

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.