Urology Community
Cannot hold urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cannot hold urine

For the last two months I cannot hold urine due to sudden urge and a small amount is leaked before I can reach the bath room. This happens twice or thrice a day whereas I drink normal amount of water. I want to know the reason and cure. Can this somehow be connected to Hammerhoids & Fissure as I have this chronic problem which has aggrevated for the past two months and I have a sore and painful rectum. Also, this started when I have moved from a warm country to Canada where the temperature is much cold for me...can this be one of the reasons? Please advise.
             Thanks for writing in. I think you are suffering from urge incontinence. It can happen due to cystitis, stones in the bladder, BPH, bladder outlet obstruction, tumors etc.
I would suggest that you visit a urologist for examination and confirmation of the cause for urge incontinence.
Best.
I have the same thing urge incontinence which is caused by bph in my case causing me to bedwet plus daytime wetting.The best thing is to see a uro Dr. Good luck