Urology Community
Cause of flank pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cause of flank pain?

Recently I have been having this on and off flank pain in the left side.  Sometimes it really bothers me a lot and sometimes its light, it usually is a dull pain that lasts for a couple hours, it seems. It's always on the left, I feel it in the middle left of my back and sometimes I feel it in my side.  

I've always had urination issues due to a couple gynecologic conditions, so I am honestly not sure if my urination is different, since it changes a lot anyway.  I haven't seen any blood in my urine or anything, but I am a little bit concerned... I do have endometriosis that has not been removed on my left ureter, and I can't help but wonder if that could be contributing to anything...

Any red flags I should look for? I can't figure out what keeps causing this, but it's really bothering me! I don't want to address the issue with my doctor until I know it is a legitimate problem.  Please, give me any advice you have!
I should also add tt I thought it might be a sore muscle at first, so I had my friend massage it for me, and the pressure on it made it alot worse.  
anyone?