Cause of flank pain?
Recently I have been having this on and off flank pain in the left side.  Sometimes it really bothers me a lot and sometimes its light, it usually is a dull pain that lasts for a couple hours, it seems. It's always on the left, I feel it in the middle left of my back and sometimes I feel it in my side.  

I've always had urination issues due to a couple gynecologic conditions, so I am honestly not sure if my urination is different, since it changes a lot anyway.  I haven't seen any blood in my urine or anything, but I am a little bit concerned... I do have endometriosis that has not been removed on my left ureter, and I can't help but wonder if that could be contributing to anything...

Any red flags I should look for? I can't figure out what keeps causing this, but it's really bothering me! I don't want to address the issue with my doctor until I know it is a legitimate problem.  Please, give me any advice you have!
I should also add tt I thought it might be a sore muscle at first, so I had my friend massage it for me, and the pressure on it made it alot worse.  
anyone?