Urology Expert Forum
ChickenPox Or HERPES?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ChickenPox Or HERPES?

4 days ago I had sex with a Girl that I met in a party (I used condom), and Now I have a lot of little pimples which contain some kind of clear watter.(the pimples are almost everywhere on my body)
  It started by making me fee tired and with pain on the lower back, the next day I started to feel some disconfort in my throat. Yesterday,I noticed that two pimples appeared in my face and inside my mouth. I took a shower and whashed all my body with Betadyne, but latter on during the day I noticed three kind of white pimples on the head of my penis. Today in the morning I looked at my self in the mirror; my back and part of my face were filled of pimples.  I went to a doctor This morning and as soon as he saw me he said that I had Chickenpox. He gave me a prescription, which is Amoxilin 500mg X 24, Benadril 25mg, and a body lotion. Now since the Doctor did not make any test to me and I had sex with that girl and I she bit my mouth, Could be possible that this girl had Herpes and she gave it to me?
  Is it possible that if the girl had Herpes and since she bit me the Herpes is all over my body?
  Please what should I do?
================================================Dear Alex,
Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) or genital herpes, is a sexually transmitted disease that can be contacted by either genital or oral-genital contact.  The risk of contacting the virus from a single transmission is not known.
The incubation period of HSV infections tends to be 2 to 10 days.  Genital herpes infection usually takes 6 days from exposure until the lesions (ulcers) show up; but the amount of time may actually vary from 1 to 30 days.
Patients with a first episode of gential (genital) herpes usually have pain on urination, and multiple painful pustules (pimples) /ulcerative gential (genital) lesions.  They also may have tender lymph nodes in the area.  These symptoms may last 3 weeks.
If there was oral-genital contact, pharyngitis (sore throat/ infection) may present simultaneously with the onset of genital disease.  This happens about 10% of the time.  There is also a risk of autoinoculation (self-infection) in extra-genital skin lesions which occurs in 10% of men.
What do the lesions of HSV look like?
They are a group of vesicles (small blisters) on a red base that do not follow the distribution of nerves.
Now in your case Alex, there are several reasons to suspect you may not have HSV.
1)  You practiced safe sex, i.e. you used a condom.  Besides abstinence, this is one of the best ways to protect against STDs.  However, a condom does not protect you from oral genital exposure to an infected female partner.
2)  The lesions of HSV appear where there was exposure/contact.  Thus, because you have lesions all over your body, they are not likely due to HSV.
3)  The timing may be a little early for you to develop lesions from HSV.  It is possible but less likely.
Have you ever been exposed to Chicken pox?  The lesions you describe and the symptoms suggest that Chicken pox may be present.  They can occur anywhere from the scalp, to the genital region and beyond.  Once you have chicken pox, you don't develop it again in the same way.  Meaning, you may have shingles later, but you can't become re-infected with Chicken pox.
Complete the therapy outlined by your doctor.  If it does not improve, viral cultures of the lesions may be needed.  Also, you may want to ask your sexual partner if she is infected.  She may need evaluation if indicated.
More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its suburban campuses at  (1 800 653 6568). We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any physicians