Child with one kidney
My daughter has had constant uti infections during her first year. We found out she had a grade 2 VUR problem. Also we found out she only has one kidney. Now she is 2 years old and seems healthy. Our doctor said she has outgrown the VUR. My question is, should she have a pee sample taken once a year to check her protein count? Also, how do I know if her only functioning kidney wasn't affected by all the uti's that she has had? Should she get checked to see if her kidney is okay, or am I just worrying to much?
There’s no harm in getting the kidney function tests done for your daughter. Her single kidney is very precious and you should ensure that it’s functioning properly as her life depends on the same. I’ll say that you can also get the urine proteins done every year which will assure the kidney is functioning normally. You are not worrying too much. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.