Urology Community
Chronic Epididymitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Chronic Epididymitis?

I have a congenital narrowing of my urethra in the area of the urinary sphincter. I am 63 now but when I was 14 my urethra closed down completely. Catheterization opened it up and gave me a robust urine stream that I had never had before. Unfortunately it closed back down after about two weeks. For the next 8 years I had dialation treatments to keep it open but they also created scar tissue which in some ways made the situation worse. Surgery to open up the urethra was considered but it was decided there was too much risk of damaging the muscle, causing incontinance. When I was 22, for some reason my urethra stayed open albeit with a weakened stream. I have had and ultrasound to verify that I was however able to completely empty my bladder. Along with this condition has come a chronic case of epididimytis. At least that is the concensus so far. It affects only my left testicle with most of the pain at the top of the spermatic cord. That area is so sensitive that the slightest pressure will renew pain for days. When this area is inflamed the pain also travels from my leg crease, down the inside of my leg clear down to my foot. Ejaculation will usually irritate the area and make it worse. So far treatment include antibiotics and anti-inflamatories, both with spotty results. I am looking for a more permanent and satisfactory solution as this condition greatly affects my quality of life. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.