Urology Expert Forum
Chronic Prostatitis

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Chronic Prostatitis

Dear Sirs
I got Chronic prostatitis first time about 12 years ago. The lab tests where positive to many  microbes  and I took antibiotics for 6 months. The results where successful.
Since then I got it back twice 3 years and 6 years later (same therapy-successful) and now I got it back again.
My questions are:
1. What could I do after the antibiotic treatment to make my "system" stronger? I know that healthy lifestyle etc helps a lot, but is there some specific vitamins or nutritius or something else that could help me? Is there any possibility to cure it permanently?
2. Is it true that I have higher possibilities than a healthy person to get prostate cancer in the future? Are there any statistics about it?
I'm 35 years old and I have high sexual activity (mostly safe sex though)

thank you in adnance and feel free to ask for any definition!

P.S. I ask an apology for my English, I hope you can understand it ;-))
Chronic prostatitis can certainly be difficult to treat.  To answer your questions:

1) There is no specific studies showing a treatment to "strengthen" the immune system.  I am not aware of vitamins that have been shown to help in consensus studies.

2) I am not aware of studies showing a definitive correlation between chronic prostatitis and prostate cancer.  

These questions should be discussed with your personal urologist.

If the symptoms continue, a transrectal ultrasound can be considered to image the prostate for any abscesses.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
What were your symptoms of chronic prostitus? I was urinating frequently for 1 week, now just feel like bladder is full even after I go. Sitting for long time makes my bladder feel more full.