Urology Community
Chronic UTI's and kidney stones
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic UTI's and kidney stones

Having spent a lot of time at Ford hospital as a kid for UTI's, this is not new to me.  However, I am now 58 (living in Idaho with very few good doctors), and I have had kidney stones 3 times in the last year and 3 UTI's in the last 2 mos.  I am put on Cipro, things clear up, and in no time, I have the same symptoms of a UTI and am put back on Cipro.  I have all the symptoms of a UTI, but my doc suggested maybe a fallen bladder, which I don't have the symptoms of.  I had a complete hysterectomy in 1976 so wouldn't I have had problems before now?  After having my hysterectomy, I had no UTI problems until just recently.  I cannot get in to see a urologist for another month.  Why the chronic stones and UTI's?  Can certain meds have anything to do with this?  I am currently on neurontin, prednisone, methotrexate, feldene, cholyestramine(sp?), and lipitor.
Tags: feldene