Urology Community
Chronic UTI's and kidney stones

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Chronic UTI's and kidney stones

Having spent a lot of time at Ford hospital as a kid for UTI's, this is not new to me.  However, I am now 58 (living in Idaho with very few good doctors), and I have had kidney stones 3 times in the last year and 3 UTI's in the last 2 mos.  I am put on Cipro, things clear up, and in no time, I have the same symptoms of a UTI and am put back on Cipro.  I have all the symptoms of a UTI, but my doc suggested maybe a fallen bladder, which I don't have the symptoms of.  I had a complete hysterectomy in 1976 so wouldn't I have had problems before now?  After having my hysterectomy, I had no UTI problems until just recently.  I cannot get in to see a urologist for another month.  Why the chronic stones and UTI's?  Can certain meds have anything to do with this?  I am currently on neurontin, prednisone, methotrexate, feldene, cholyestramine(sp?), and lipitor.
Tags: feldene