Urology Expert Forum
Chronic Urethra Pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Urethra Pain

I am a very healthy 25 year old woman in an active and successful career. For years I have been plagued with something that has always seemed very similar to 'cystitis' but tests at the doctors always came back negative. I was investigated in hospital when I was sixteen and later discharged being told it was probably stress related.

As I have got older I have begun to understand my body better. I have a long term sexual partner. I suffer from this pain only very occasionally roughly once every six weeks after sexual intercourse, but the majority of the time I can enjoy sex normally. The pain that I experience is soley in my URETHRA. It comes on approximately 12hrs after sex and usually when the sex has lasted for quite a long time. It is incapacitating. I cannot leave the bathroom it is so agonising and I am unable to go into work. It will last for about eight hours all of which find me in the bathroom with a hot water bottle crying with pain. I always shower before and after sex and pass urine straight away.

I have been tested for urinary tract infections which come back negative, sexually transmitted infections also negative, had a scan on my kidneys, changed my diet, drank only water for two years, altered my contraception, not used condoms, not used spermicide, not used soaps or perfumes, completely stopped taking contraception (different types of the pill), taken antibiotics, been perscribed Nitrofurion to take as and when my pain comes, been perscribed amitriptyline to intercept my pain censors, had a well woman physical examination (Which did show that I was inflammed and Sore - Told it was thrush - Came up Negative for thrush in swabs)

I have considered the fact that it is possibly linked to trauma of my urethra which is why it only happens on occasion after sex and the rest of the time I enjoy a normal sex life. Do you know anything that can help me?
Sex
:  
Female
Weight
:  
9 Stone
Current Medications
:  
nitrofurantoin
evra
amitriptyline
Drug Allergies