Urology Community
Chronic prostatitis healing and life quality

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have 35 and I have been diagnosed several months ago with chronic prostatitis. The physician gave me Zinat (7 days), Arcoxia (10 days), Vitamins Zinc and Vit E (15 days). Simptoms: urinating problems. After the treatment the prostata decreased in volum to a normal state. The urinating problems are recurent, but I have just started some naturist treatments (plants). I took some infusion with 2 plants that are recognised in Romania as having spectacular results (epilobii herba and xanthii herba). I apply also some positive thinking, NLP + warm sit baths. I can't tell you about the naturist treatment effectivness because I have just started. Positive thinking helps a lot. I am convinced that both methods will finally eliminate the simptoms. I will add that my phisician (professor doctor in urology), told me to do a NORMAL LIFE, it’s ok to drink a coffe a day, it’s ok to have some alcohol ocasionally.
My questions are:
1. Could chronic prostatitis be completely healed? Do you know any pacient completely healed, if yes what kind of treatment does he applied?
2. What kind of sports could be practiced safely by a person with chronic prostatitis? Since you should avoid the cold water, I understand you should avoid water sports as scuba diving, swiming, surf so on. Could be those sports practiced  in any way? Are there special equipments for such sports? Internet readings told me that you should avoid also bycicle, running, so on...
3. Are any other suggestions you can make me in order to heal the chronic prostatitis and improve the quality of life in such conditions?

Thank you and excuses for my English.

Hello Peris,

The main treatment for bacterial prostatitis is antibiotics to cure the infection. If you have acute prostatitis, you may need to be hospitalized for a few days to receive antibiotics intravenously. Some of these treatments may also be tried for chronic nonbacterial prostatitis. However, there's no strong evidence that antibiotic therapy is useful for nonbacterial prostatitis.

Best