Chronic prostatitis
I have been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis going on 2 years now...None of the treatments I've been prescribed work. My cystoscopy was clean, but I have had a semen culture come back positive for strep B twice. I have been on every antibiotic known to man and none have done anything to alleviate the pain. That seems to be my only symptom - chronic testicular pain. I've had an ultrasound, an MRI and a CT scan and none show anything wrong. Before I resort to IV antibiotic treatment, is it possible for a strep infection to cause this type of chronic pain? How accurate are semen cultures?
I have similar issue with strep b in semen but urine culture clear with only blood in urine seen in chemistry, I am to see urologist on Nov 26, First urologist was clueless. My strep b culture in semen came only after 10 weeks of cipro, 2 weeks of septra. Clearly a resistant strain. Apparently strep b becomes resistant by creating beta lactulase enzyme that prevents the penicillin molecules or cephlasporin molecules from attaching to strep b and killing the bacteria. Apparently amoxicillin mixed with clavulanic acid which breaks down beta lactulase can help. Not much good if allergic to penicillin. I hope my new urologist will listen to reason and order IV Vancomycin.