Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic prostatitis
I have been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis going on 2 years now...None of the treatments I've been prescribed work. My cystoscopy was clean, but I have had a semen culture come back positive for strep B twice. I have been on every antibiotic known to man and none have done anything to alleviate the pain. That seems to be my only symptom - chronic testicular pain. I've had an ultrasound, an MRI and a CT scan and none show anything wrong. Before I resort to IV antibiotic treatment, is it possible for a strep infection to cause this type of chronic pain? How accurate are semen cultures?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I have similar issue with strep b in semen but urine culture clear with only blood in urine seen in chemistry, I am to see urologist on Nov 26, First urologist was clueless. My strep b culture in semen came only after 10 weeks of cipro, 2 weeks of septra. Clearly a resistant strain. Apparently strep b becomes resistant by creating beta lactulase enzyme that prevents the penicillin molecules or cephlasporin molecules from attaching to strep b and killing the bacteria. Apparently amoxicillin mixed with clavulanic acid which breaks down beta lactulase can help. Not much good if allergic to penicillin. I hope my new urologist will listen to reason and order IV Vancomycin.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources