Urology Community
Cipro and Macrobid antibiotic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cipro and Macrobid antibiotic

I have taken Cipro for Urniary Tract Infections on and off for about 7 years.  Last year the frequency of infections was about every 2 months.  This winter I have had less than a month between symptoms.  My doctor gave me a prescription for Macrobid in case I need it.  I have taken it for the first time the past three days and the infection is still quite apparent especially during the night when I can feel the internal discomfort. Normally with the use of Cipro I would be on the mend by the end of 3 days. Is there any merit in taking both meds or should I or even can I just switch back to Cipro mid treatment.
You could be resistant to Cipro.  Ask you doctor for a Sensitivity & Culture test which would determine which drugs your bacteria is resistant to.

Good luck.

Millard
I am having the very same issues it's only my first night and I'm thinking about going back to Cipro - how did this work out for you?