Urology Community
Circumcision revision penile adhesion removal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Circumcision revision penile adhesion removal

I have a relatively large penile adhesion, or skin bridge on my penis. It's about an inch across on the dorsal side of my penis (or top, I dunno). The top of the head of my penis is attached to the shaft.

Anyway, a few months back there was some trauma to that skin bridge and it became swollen and all that fun stuff. Well, the trauma never healed and eventually I went and saw a urologist about this. Turns out there's some sort of infection and some scar tissue building in the bridge itself. So, we opted to get this surgically fixed. I'm not totally sure of the details, just that they'll be putting me under, so at least I won't have to experience the 'surgery' part.

My question is, what kind of recovery am I looking at? Is this something that will be very painful? Anyone have any experiences with this? From my understanding, the doc will just sever the adhesion and remove the scar tissue and all that junk.

But aside from that I'm kind of in the dark.