Urology Community
Circumcision scar bleeding 7 months after surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I had my circumcision surgery 7 months ago. It's been a psychologically difficult recovery. Today, while showering, I noticed that my scar is bleeding. It is not bleeding too much, but a few tiny drops. It is on top of the penis.
That section of the scar has been quite red during the last couple of weeks.
Do I need to urgently go to the doctor? Should I worry?
Is it a good idea to apply desitin?

Thanks a lot,

Alex
Forgot to add: I was circumcised due to a balanitis. Could this blood mean balanitis again? The affected area does not reach the head of the penis..
Keep adding info: It is not actual bleeding as blood dripping. The best way I can think about describing it is that if I press toilet paper against the scar, tiny blood spots can be seen in the toilet paper.

Thanks in advance

It would be best to visit your doctor. Any surgery should have healed after 7 months.

At 45 I had my first case of balanitis after having had a catheter in for about a year. The female doctor immediately mentioned circumcision. I refused and was given a topical steroid cream. Things cleared up in about a month, however I had to do some stretching to make things return back to normal. I have not had any further problems.

Circumcison does not allways mean the end of problems.

Please become a member of Medscape for free and look at the following article. It is worth your while.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405391_print

All the best.

Ron