Urology Community
Circumcision scar bleeding 7 months after surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Circumcision scar bleeding 7 months after surgery

Hello,

I had my circumcision surgery 7 months ago. It's been a psychologically difficult recovery. Today, while showering, I noticed that my scar is bleeding. It is not bleeding too much, but a few tiny drops. It is on top of the penis.
That section of the scar has been quite red during the last couple of weeks.
Do I need to urgently go to the doctor? Should I worry?
Is it a good idea to apply desitin?

Thanks a lot,

Alex
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Forgot to add: I was circumcised due to a balanitis. Could this blood mean balanitis again? The affected area does not reach the head of the penis..
Blank
Keep adding info: It is not actual bleeding as blood dripping. The best way I can think about describing it is that if I press toilet paper against the scar, tiny blood spots can be seen in the toilet paper.

Thanks in advance
Blank
647273_tn?1292094741
Hi,

It would be best to visit your doctor. Any surgery should have healed after 7 months.

At 45 I had my first case of balanitis after having had a catheter in for about a year. The female doctor immediately mentioned circumcision. I refused and was given a topical steroid cream. Things cleared up in about a month, however I had to do some stretching to make things return back to normal. I have not had any further problems.

Circumcison does not allways mean the end of problems.

Please become a member of Medscape for free and look at the following article. It is worth your while.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/405391_print

All the best.

Ron
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity