Urology Community
Clear Urine And Foul Odor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Clear Urine And Foul Odor

I know your saying your urine is fine....but, the odor is NOT normal at all. I have notice this about a week or so? I thought it would go away? But, it hasn't yet! My thing is..if my urine is so fine? Why in the world I have an foul smelling urine? Note: I "HAVE NOT" been eating: onions, garlic, or anything that will make a smell in my urine....so can someone enlighten me on this please? I have read online; it could be Kidney problems? Sign Of Diabetes Or UTI? But, when I usually get an UTI it NEVER has been like this....this is something NEW. I'm open to hear all thoughts on this matter. Thanks in advance also!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Odor in urine can be due to diet like coffee or asparagus, infection like bladder, prostate or urinary tract, dehydration or diabetes. You should visit your doctor for a urine examination and evaluation to find out the exact cause and treatment for the foul smell.

Also get urine analysis, complete blood count and urine culture done.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Doctor Singh, Thank you for your advice. The pain was so bad--I had to go to the ER at the hospital. I thought I could make it to my doctor. I couldn't! Any way, my urine culture was performed. I have a very bad bladder infection. Blood was in my urine along with white blood cells. I'm on antibiotics and hydrocodon for the pain! I had some pain yesterday and still have a little today. Hopefully it will be cleared up by the time I see my doctor on the 14th of this month?