Urology Community
Cloudy Urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cloudy Urine

hey

Today i saw that my urine was cloudy because i went to the restroom to do number 2 i then saw that i urinated abit of cloudy urine then it cleared up, after i checked the toilet i couldnt see the stool that i left, the water from the toilet was really cloudy. i do not have any pain with urinating, but i do see a bit of precum on my urethra everyday for about 2 weeks like 2 to 3 times a day but i was negative for all stds. I saw my urologist about some pain on my testicles and did an ultrasound on me and diagnosed me with a variococele, but before he told me about the variococele they did a urinalysis and there was no infection of any kind.  here are my question:

1) the urianalysis would have determined if i had some kind of infection right?? because my urinalysis was just yesterday.

2) could the variococele be the one for this cloudy and precum i am expericieng?? (the cloudy urine was just 2day but the precum has been goin on for 2 weeks now but tested negative for all stds)

Avatar_dr_f_tn

It's good that your STD tests are fine. Cloudy urine can result from various changes in the urine. This could be due to certain foods or drinks, normal secretions such as sperm, pus in urine, bladder infection, cystitis, urinary tract infection, kidney stones, blood in urine, proteinuria, kidney conditions, acute pyelonephritis, prostatitis or gonorrhea. The urinalysis may indicate presence of infection, proteinuria, blood and  abnormal substances. However, since this showed normal results, these causes may be ruled out.

Varicocele is an enlarged mass of veins in the spermatic cord in the scrotum.This reduces blood flow in the testicles and may impair sperm production and cause male infertility. Varicocele often does not cause symptoms, but may include dull pain and heaviness in the scrotum. Mild varicocele in men who do not wish to conceive usually does not require treatment. Minor symptoms often can be relieved by wearing an athletic supporter and in severe cases, treatment may involve surgery to restore fertility.  

Discuss which treatment option is best for you with your doctor. Complete medical history and physical exam may be done to determine the underlying cause of your cloudy urine. Take care and keep us posted.