Urology Expert Forum
Cloudy urine

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Cloudy urine

Hey,
So basically sometimes when i urinate my urine would be cloudy and it would burn and be really sore. I've went to the doctors numerous times and got tested for urine infections, had kidney scans and everything else. Everything came back clear, so they then wanted a sample of the urine with the cloudy substance in it, so i give it in and got it tested and apparently its normal (even though it was cloudy!) so then my doctor refereed me to a urologist and he give me antibiotics for 6 weeks. They've been taken and the problem is still here. Now ive a appointment with him again on the 10th September, and im pretty sure (about 80% sure) that it might have something to do with masturbation and ejaculation because ive just recently noticed that if i stop masturbating the problem seems to go away, but if i masturbate and i go to the toilet to pee later on it would be sore and sting and my urine would be cloudy, maybe even for a day or two after it or even more! What does anyone think this could be? any ideas? thanks.
Thanks for posting your query.

One of the causes of cloudy urine after masturbation is due to retrograde ejaculation which occurs when the semen travels backwards into the bladder instead of being ejaculated out of his body through the urethra. However this occurs just after ejaculation and does not persist for 2-3 days after masturbation or intercourse.

Other than that cloudy or foamy urine may occur occasionally due to mild dehydration; when it occurs in the absence of symptoms and goes away rapidly. In your case, since urine examination and kidney scans have come out normal, this also should be thought of.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.