Cold testicles
Hello, and thank you to anyone who might be able to help me out.

I am 25 years old and recently my testicles have become cold to the touch and general feelings about my body. I went to my urologist about that and some pains I was having in my penis tip and pubic area as well as my scrotum being a red color.

I had just gotten done being treated for prostatitis will a few weeks of doxycycline. I was also on a testosterone patch since my levels are low. My urologist told me to stop wearing the patch and prescribed me Uroxatral for my pains and whatnot.

It seemed like the Uroxatral was working well while I was on it, but I lost my job and insurance, and $140~ for a month's worth was more than I could afford. So my doc switched me to a generic, doxyzosin meclate. (sp?) It is not working nearly as well. I have been off of Uroxatral for a little over a week now and the coldness has returned as well as the red coloring.

It is really bothersome and I am honestly scared about this. What tests should be ran and what could it possibly be?

(I have no STDs and my prostate feels much better. Was also treated for epididymitis a few months ago)

Any help would be WONDERFUL!!!
Update: Called my urologist's office who told me he had never heard of this happening and referred me to the ER. Went to the ER and they did NOTHING for me except feel the testicles and take a urine sample. I am sooo pissed off.

Also, the head of my penis is cold as well.
I have pretty much the same symptoms.  It all started with my going to urologist with a complaint regarding sensitivity in my testicles.  He palpitated my prostate and examined my testes and pronounced me okay.  Very soon thereafter I discovered blood in my semen and developed pain in my prostate.  Soon after that the coldness occured.  I went through 7 weeks of cipro 1gm a day.  Toward the end of the treatment the coldness resolved.  A week later it was back. Now I am on 500 mg a day of cipro for 90 days.  2 weeks in and I still have coldness every night.  I suggest a PSA test with PSA ratios.  This test resolves the issue "Prostatitis or cancer?" Sometimes.  I am going to request this soon.
I have been going thru some similar (and additional) issues for over a year...  What is the latest on your situation?  
I had problems with my prostate. I would get the cold shakes probably because I had protattis. My penis and gentals would feel cold to the touch, I think this was related to inflamation in my prostate and maybe my body. I started taking herbs daily that reduce these problems. 1)Graminacea Flower Pollen Extract  2) Quercetin  3) Beta Sitosterols  4) Olive Leaf Extract for getting rid of viruses and bacteria  5) I just started taking Turmeric for overall inflamation. I have almost no problems with my prostate and have no problems with my penis and genitals going cold for over 5 years. It was frustating going to the Urologist and have him tell me that they have never heard of this before. I am glad to find out that it was my bodies' inflamation. Eating lots of vegetables is good also. Especially onions and mushrooms. Hope this helps because I was in your positon at one time.