Urology Expert Forum
Complex cyst that contains an area of septation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Complex cyst that contains an area of septation

About 8 years ago I found a lump on my right testicle. Went to my then family doctor and had it checked out. Just by the exam he was pretty sure that it was just an Epididymal cyst and nothing to worry about but sent me for an ultrasound anyway. The ultrasound confirmed what he had thought and surprised with me a present. An epididymal cyst on my left testicle as well. I was told there was nothing to worry about and that they do not turn cancerous.

3.5 years ago I had another ultrasound done just out of curiousity. The funny thing is that I never remembered getting results. I think at the time I figured that if I didn't hear back then there was nothing to worry about. I've sinced moved and have a new practice that i go to.

Over the past 2 years or so I've had a discomfort in my upper right abdomen and lower back. I've had all kinds of tests done and nothing was found for either of my issues. So here I am worrying about getting older and unexplained problems with my body when i remembered about my ultrasound 3.5 years ago. I tracked down the results today and here's what they were:

No Focal mass evident in either testicle
No Hydrocele are seen
Both the left and the right epididymis contain a cyst (just one each)
The Cyst in the left epididymis is complex and contains an area of septation. SO....this is where i get confused. Everything I've read online leads me to believe that i still have nothing to worry about but with the word "complex" and "septation" in there I was a little freaked out.

I went to my general practitioner with this information and she really wasn't sure what it all meant but felt confident that it was still benign. I mean she knew about complex cysts with areas of septation on the ovaries and said that they are benign so formulated that the same would hold true for the testicles.

Suggestions? Explanations?

Thank you very much in advance for your comments.