Urology Community
Consistant UTI'S
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Consistant UTI'S

I was born with VUR and was on antibiotics until I was 5 years old, since then I had around 10-20 UTI's a year but since january when I turned 19 I have had 9 confirmed UTI's ( white blood cells, protein and blood) and have been given antibiotics for them ( trimethoprim,amoxicillin, nitrofurantoin) along with the confirmed ones I have been experiencing all of the same symptoms; frequency of needed to go the toilet,pain when urinating and pain pretty much constantly on a daily basis, which I cannot always get to the doctors to have confirmed, I have had blood tests which came back negative and am having an ultrasound later this week, any ideas on what could be causing these UTI's?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1676196_tn?1304367052
do you wipe front to back? if you wipe the other way it can bring bacteria from the anal area to the urethra. Here are some tips to hopefully help.
1. Wipe from front to back
2. Don't wear thongs
3. Use a pH balanced soap especially made for the area like (Summers eve feminine wash unscented)
4. Wear cotton underwear only
5. Don't wear really tight jeans or pants
6. Always wear underwear when wearing pants or shorts
7. Don't wear underwear or any bottoms when you sleep.
8. Always Urinate after sex, oral sex, or masturbation
9. Was area after workouts or sweating.
10. Always wear clean underwear.

Maybe talk to your doctor about putting you on the antibiotic called Ciprofloxacin (Cipro for short) My husband had a few uti's 2 years ago and they put him on this for a month after his last one and he hasn't had one since.

Hope this helps
Blank
1676196_tn?1304367052
Wash* area after workouts or sweating
Blank
1676196_tn?1304367052
Also Drink Cranbery juice or take a Cranberry supplement (you can find it at almost any store that has vitamins
Blank
HI thanks for those but i have been doing all that for as long as I can remember as those were the what my doctor told me to do as well and i drink cranberry juice and take supplements daily, also there is no bacteria in my samples just blood and protein which is why its so odd I have also tried many antibiotics and am currently on amoxocillin, Hopefully I will find out the cause at my urologist appoinment at the end of the month. Thanks again
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...