Urology Community
Constant Burning Sensation In Tip Of Penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have a few questions and was wondering if you would be so kind to offer some professional insight.  I am a 34 year old heterosexual male and have been sexually active for over 19 years.  I have had many female partners during that time.  I have been to my family physician two times and I honestly believe he is clueless.  My next step is to visit a urologist.  I will list my symptoms below in an attempt to help you solve this mysterious & painful issue.  About 2 months ago I started noticing my genitals seemed irritated and itchy.  Shortly after that the tip of my penis started to burn.  This is a constant burning sensation.  During urination this burning sensation seems to go away.  I also seem to have some relief during intercourse.  I have also noticed that my rectum seems very irritated and itchy.  I have noticed some discomfort around my rectum while bathing.  I haven't noticed any discoloration, sores, or lumps, on my penis but the tip does seem much more sensitive.  During my first visit to my family physician, my doctor issued a urine test and prescribed 1 G ( 4 Pills ) of Azithromax.  I believe she suspected Gonorrhea or Chlamydia.  I explained to her at that time that I have no discharge from my penis so she seemed to be leaning more towards Chlamydia as a presumption.  My urine test came back negative.  A week later I returned to the same physician because the Azithromax offered no relief.  I saw a different physician but he had the last doctors notes to work from.  He immediately performed a swab of my penis and proscribed Doxycycline 100 MG capsules twice a day for 10 days.  His conclusion was I may have a prostate infection.  The culture returned negative for Chlamydia.  I did receive some relief for about 3 days towards the end of the prescription and then the burning sensation returned but seemed to be more intense.  During that period I asked my Girlfriend to be checked by her OBGYN.  She was diagnosed with a UTI after a urine specimen and was treated with Macrobid 100 MG capsules 2 a day for 7 days.  The only symptom she ever complained about was some discomfort during intercourse.  My girlfriend and I have had unprotected sex 4 times during my treatment.  I don't believe this is an STD because she isn't experiencing any of my symptoms.  I am not sure if my symptoms would manifest differently in a female but besides the UTI she is fine.  This constant burning sensation is driving me crazy.  Any ideas?