Urology Community
Constant Need To Pee, Advice Please!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Constant Need To Pee, Advice Please!

Hi I have been having frequent urges to urinate for the last couple of months on and off. There is no pain or burning, just like persistent strong urges to pee even when not alot comes out. I have had two Urinealysis tests which came back fine. I also have tested negative for stds. My general practicioner felt my prostate and said it seemed ok to her. Basically my symptoms are  like a spasm like sensation, even more noticeable at night when I lie down. To clarify, I don't have any trouble controlling my bladder, just a constant urge to go, even when very little comes out..It just feels like a pressure sensation down there in my lower bladder.. At times I find myself getting up about 4 times before my bladder feels empty to fall asleep..I did have a colonoscopy recently and was told I have a small anal nodule about less than 1 cm...But I assume they would have found any prostate problems...Also, I saw a urologist and he said everything seemed okay and that there isn't much to do, although he gave me some Ditropan if I need it....Id just like a second opinion, what could cause urinary frequency in a 29 yo man like me? Could it be prostate? The urologist said it probably wasn't the anal nodule because something would have to be sizeable to cause any associated urinary symptoms. This is just driving me crazy and my quality of life is horrible with this problem..Thanks for any input!
I don't know if it could be your prostate but I get bladder spasms where I have the same feeling you have.  I'm a woman so for a while I thought I was having yeast infections.  When I had what I thought was my third yeast infection in one month I went to the gyno.  He was able to to a physical exam and when I directed him to the area of discomfort he said it was the base of my bladder and that I was having spasms.  I followed up with my urologist who prescribed me vesicare.  I'm not sure if thats the same thing you've been prescribed.  I obviously have no idea for sure that it what your going through but if it is there is medication.  Hope this helps.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
In your case, one important possibility to be ruled out is of interstitial cystitis which can be found in males and can cause pain associated with urination (dysuria), urinary frequency (as often as every 10 minutes), urgency, and/or pressure in the bladder and/or pelvis.

You should discuss this possibility with your urologist. Apart from that, another cause which needs to be excluded is diabetes. Diabetes causes frequent urination and so I would advise you to get a fasting blood sugar and Hb A1 C test done.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.