Urology Community
Constant Urge to pee But not a UT infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi I am a 46 year old male.  I have for the last 4 weeks had a constant urge to pee.As soon as I pee and empty my bladder I feel I need to go again and again. I have had UT infections in the past and it feels the same sort of feeling.  I have had my bloods and urine checked and there are no signs of infection. I dont need to get up in the night to pee but once I have had my morning pee this seems to trigger the constant urge of just dribbles.
I am on Felodipine and Inhibace Plus to control blood pressure.  I have had a CT scan and prostate exam and they say all is well in both prostate and Kidneys.  Along with the need to constantly pee I seem to have Diarrhea and was tender just under my rib cage in the center of my chest I am like a prisoner in my own home.  I have had my Gallbladder removed 6 years ago
Tags: pee, constant, urge
    Thanks for writing in. Frequent urge to urinate can occur due to enlarged prostrate, chronic urinary tract infections causing strictures in the urinary tract, chronic cystitis, urge incontinence, stones in the urinary tract etc.
As you mentioned prostrate and kidneys are normal, get a cystoscopy done with EMG of the bladder wall muscles.
Some neurological conditions like Multiple sclerosis, stroke and Transient ischaemic attack can lead to urge incontinence.
Visit your urologist for detailed examination and further treatment.