Urology Community
Constant pain/burning on penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Constant pain/burning on penis

Hello, I'm a 40 ur old male looking desperately for answers. About 13 months ago I was given unprotected oral sex from a women I did not know. There was also very brief unprotected touching of genitals. About 4 months after the encounter I started to get a dull burn in the tip oft penis. it has never gone away over the past 8 months. The skin on the tip of my penis is also red and blotchy. The burning seems to be worse after ejaculation and also the head looks very red with bumps under the skin that go away when the erection is gone, not the dicoloration stays for a while.  I've been tested for every STD in the book, to include Herpes. I was certain it was herpes , but the 3 IGG blood tests told me otherwise. One was at 7 months post sex encounter, was was 10 months post and the last was 13 months post encounter.  All negative..
    I've been seen by a dermatologist several times and he said its not HSV, but he is not sure what it is.  I saw a new GP and he told me it may be a prostate issue. I mentioned my HSV concerns and he assured me that the 3 neg blood tests were conclusive.
     I've had several other issues like dribbling urine, premature ejaculation, very sore testicles etc since before my HSV scare. The symptoms never go away, they just go through stages of being a little better and a little worse. Could these symptoms in fact be prostate problems. I see the urologist in two weeks.  Thanks in advance!
If you look at all my posts (and there are SEVERAL) regarding this same issue- as a matter of fact there are a lot of post of this nature from a lot of guys experiencing this after receiving unprotected oral sex, and yet we are all told there is nothing wrong, or that it is all in our heads by our Drs.. Good luck trying to get an actual diagnosis.. most likely they are going to tell you that you have prostatitis.. all that is, is a diagnosis of "we have no idea what is going on, and cant give you an answer" Most likely you have some type of infection that made its way down to your prostate.. sometimes your typical urine test will not pick it up....  they will give you an intense round of antibiotics - either Doxy or Cipro... that most likely will not help, maybe temporarily, but if you are like most of us your symptoms will come back...  I too had the exact symptoms you describe (plus a lot more) ALL tests negative for the "typical" infections.. I was finally diagnosed with an e-coli infection ( some form of Trich)  which is a specific test.. treated and the infection went away but still had major prostate issues that continue to this day ( almost 5 years later)  all I can say is be forecful with your Drs if you feel there is something wrong, do not let them tell you that there is nothing going on, or that it is all in your head... becuase I let them convince me I was crazy, my infection went undiagnosed for well over a year and a half....   good luck man !
The burning on my penis had now become a small rash on the tip. My scrotum had also since become very red and itchy/burn just like jock itch...I'm so confused and scared! This seems to be taking over my whole life.