Constant urge to urinate
I am a 20 y/o male. For a week or so now I've been having a constant urge to urinate. Not every 15 minutes, not every 5 minutes, it's always there. I feel no relief after urinating. The urge does not feel like the regular "bladder is full" urge. It feels like there is a little bit of urine left in the penis (the discomfort is coming from the penis). There are no other symptoms; I don't feel pain, there is no discharge, etc. I went to a doctor yesterday. They found nothing strange in my urine. He did a rectal exam on my prostate, and found nothing wrong with it. He said it was possible that I had overactive bladder, but thought it was strange that my urges were not the "bladder is full" urges. He said I should wait a while and it might go away on its own, but this morning I called him and got a prescription for Detrol LA. I took a pill around 2 hours ago. However, I seriously doubt that what I have is overactive bladder, since the symptoms seem different from mine (particularly that what I feel is not the need to empty the bladder, and that it is a continuous urge rather than one that reappears every 15 min).

I have seen some posts similar to this around and they're scaring the crap out of me because people claim to have had this for years (and not cured it). I don't think I can withstand having this for years; I'm at my wit's end after just a couple of days. Please help.
I should also add that I don't have any problem controlling urination (I don't have a wetting problem).
Also, I have never had sex or engaged in any risky behavior, so it's not an STD...
The symptoms that you are having can be due to incontinence urine especially overflow incontinence. It happens when the normal flow of urine is blocked and the bladder cannot empty completely. This results in dribbling of urine.

It can be due to tumors, constipation, medicines like anticholinergics, antidepressants, antipsychotics, sedatives, narcotics, alpha-adrenergic blockers, scar tissue or nerve damage.

I suggest you to get this possibility evaluated from a urologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.