Urology Community
Constant urge to urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Constant urge to urinate

im an 18 year old male and i have a constant urge to urinate, ive had this problem starting when i was almost 6.. and then it went away.. hit me again when i was about 14 and i guess went away and now 18 its back it seems like when sitting down in a car, or some chairs even it when its horrible, and when i stand up its better, its like a pressure, like im about to go on myself pressure but i haven't had any accidents, i drink cranberry juice all the time im even taking cranberry supplement pills ive done some research and i know it could be nerves b/c i know i have nerve problems (anxiety) but could that really make me go about every 5 minutes when in a car? and also just whats wrong haha i would really like to know b/c i can't really do anything as of now b/c of this problem
Your condition could be called urgency.  Sure, it could be psychological in nature but as you claimed, it started when you were only 6 years old.  What could be that hang-up you were not able to overcome?

I think it's about time that you see a urologist so that proper evaluation could be done to you.

Good luck!
i am 20 years old, and i have just started having problems with frequent urination.  It started when I moved to school in philadelphia. At first i thought it was the water, but it is not.  I would have to stop by the restroom on the way to class, before i got to class, during class, on the way back from class, and when i got back to my dorn.  It was ridiculous.  I have seen a urologist but they have no idea what is going on.  They put me on several meds but none have seemed to work except Sanctura XR.  Since taking that, I only get the urge to urinate while riding in the car (wierd).  Im not sure if this is just psychological (stress) or there is an actual problem.  I've had blood tests, urine tests, STD tests, and ultrasounds done and nothing seems to come up as a problem.  Help? Any advice at all would be helpful, I feel like im the only one in the world with this problem at 20.
Hi, please get yourself investigated for neurogenic bladder. Types  of brain lesions or spinal cord lesions leads to this kind of detrusor overactivity. For more information visit http://www.emedicine.com/MED/topic3176.htm
It could be a weak bladder, they have over-the-counter pills, just ask a pharmacist for bladder control medication, they'll tell you what aisle it's on, try it out and see if there's any difference.
i am having almost thesame problem,i frequently go to urinate espcially when i am in bed to sleep or seating.it is worrisome and disturbing.pls do some one have any idea?when iam seating,is just sometimes every 30 mins and at night when i am sleeping,it will take about 2 hours or little more.but when i am at work and really working,it may take up to 4 to 5 hours befor i will really have the urge to urinate.could be the symptom of Hiv?i am already afraid and paranoid.pls help
Read: http://www.medicinenet.com/overactive_bladder/article.htm

My Urologist has prescribed me Ditropan (generic name: oxybutynin), but there are a ton of medications out there.

I'd urge you to go and see a Urologist, but baring that, at the very least, go and see your PCP and advise them of your symptoms and situation. Ask for a bladder relaxant/bladder anti-spasmodic, and that'll do the trick (assuming Urgency/Frequency of Urination or Overactive Bladder Syndrome is indeed what you have).

I wish you the best of luck Jacob. It's no fun feeling like you need to pee every 30 seconds, only to see 'drip', 'drip, 'drip' in the toilet.

pls can some one answer me,does any one in the room have idea of my own problem?