Urology Community
Constant urination, constant urge to urinate - No UTI, no yeast infecti...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Constant urination, constant urge to urinate - No UTI, no yeast infection, no STD

Since the first week of August, I've been dealing with constant urination and the urge to urinate all the time. 5 to 10 minutes after urinating, I feel the urge and I can go and pee will come out. I also feel burning while urinating and even while not urinating. After 4 days the first week of August, it didn't go away. I went to the doctor thinking it was a UTI, which I've never had before. They said I had a UTI and prescribed me with antibiotics for 7 days.

I finished my dose, and still had the same problems. I went back to the doctor and she told me my urine showed no infection the first time I went, they just said it was a UTI because of all the symptoms. So I took those antibiotics for no reason. She also told me the urine I had just given in that second visit was negative, no infection. The doctor felt inside my vagina and everything felt normal. She then said the problem is most likely external, not internal because the pain I feel is on my vagina, not my abdomen or my back and because the tests were negative. She said it might've been caused by being in a wet swimsuit after swimming. She prescribed me Miconazole Nitrate 2% to apply on the outside area of my vagina, not inside for 7 days. It's for yeast infection, which I don't have. She said to drink lots of water, take baths, don't use soap on my vagina, and to try to hold my urine in a couple minutes longer to try to train my bladder to hold it in longer. The cream did not work at all, like I knew it wouldn't. I'm getting really stressed out about this because I start school next month and it would be horrible to start school and having to pee 10 times during the day. I've barely been going out because of this every 5 to 10 minutes urination. What external problem can this be? Anyone experienced anything like this? Any help would be appreciated.

- I'm a virgin and not sexually active in any way, so it's not an STD.
Hi, some of the causes of frequent urinate are:
Infection, disease or injury of the bladder
Conditions that increase urine production
Changes in muscles, nerves or other tissues affecting bladder function.