Urology Community
Continuous Clear Sticky Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Continuous Clear Sticky Discharge

Hey

I am 19 yrs old I have been experiencing clear sticky discharge from my urethra every time after i finish urinating in the morning and only in the mornings. This discharge doesnt come out right after i urinate but like an hour later, it is not much but i am very concerned about it.  I went to an STD clinic and got tested for chlamydia, gohnorrea, syphilis, and for herpes twice and they came back negative. The doctor then saw a bit of discharge from my urethra and assumed i had chlamydia so she gave me 1g of zithromax but that thing is that i tested negative for chlamydia when the results came back so it wasnt chlamydia causing this discharge. So I went to a urologist about the discharge and some pain on both of my testicles so i had an ultrasound done on both of my testicles.  It seems that i have a varicocele on my left side.  I also had a urinalysis twice with the urologist and it seems that i dont have any infection.  I have no problem urinating watsoever.  

1) If all these tests came back clear from infection what can be causing this clear sticky discharge after i urinate in the morning??

please help

Since you have a varicocele and your urine is clear for infection, the clear sticky discharge is semen. This is because in varicocele the semen drainage is hampered. The pain in the testicles is also due to the varicocele. You can ask for a test of the discharge to confirm this. It is more obvious in the morning as it collects overnight.
The varicocele needs to be surgically treated because it may become infected, twisted and may even result in decreased sperm formation.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.
hey doc

thanks for the reply doc
i also wanted to know i was doing research about discharge and found out that prostatitis can cause discharge as well.  I think i have one symptom from prostatitis and that is slight pain in my penis shaft. This is like a little pain that lasts like 5 seconds then it goes away.  It is not consistent but it happens.  Also lately in the morning that i wake up i need to lay out some gas i have this terrible pain inside my rectum.  This has only happened 3 times but after i lay out the gas after the pain is gone it does not hurt me anymore

1) would the simple urinalysis have detected if i have prostatitis?? or do i need sum other test to confirm this?

2) what can be causing the pain in my shaft? could it be the varicocele?

3) Is it just the gas thats causes the pain in my rectum??

Thanks for keeping me posted.
Yes, urine examination can detect prostatitis. However your physician can detect it by digital examination of the rectum by inserting a gloved finger through the anus. This will also help to diagnose if there is some mass causing pain in your rectum. Pain in the shaft of the penis can be due to infection, lump in the shaft, urinary infection etc.

However it is difficult to diagnose without examining. You will need to undergo a few tests like digital examination per rectum/ ultrasound to reach a diagnosis. I think you should discuss the possibilities with your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted.
hey thanks doctor

i will keep you posted of what happens

thanks again