Urology Expert Forum
Cramp in the scrotum

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Cramp in the scrotum
I have a cramp in my scrotum, it troubles me when I massage the vessels above my testicles.
Is this a sign of testicular cancer or of angioplasm ? When I walk and the testicles move I sometimes feel the cramp. What do you think the problem could be? Also, it has been troubling me  for a week!
Dear Prem,
Testicular cancer is more common in men aged 18 - 42.  Testicular cancer is often detected during a self-examination.
A firm lump in the testicle is worrisome.  Other scrotal contents (veins, epididymi, fluid collections) can make the examination difficult.
In your case, you have pain in the scrotum.  Although it is possible, it is not common for testicular cancers to present with pain alone.  You need to be evaluated by a physician.  A history will be taken.  Then a physical examination and urinalysis can further characterize the problem.  Treatments will range from antiinflammatory and antibiotic agents to surgical removal of a lesion.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult  your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available through our department at the Henry Ford Hospital  and its suburban locations (I-800-653-6568).
Sincerely;
HFHS M.D.-CK
0