Urology Community
Cyst on Epididymis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Cyst on Epididymis

I frequently have extreme groin and testicle pain throughout the day.

In addition, there appears to be large swelling of the right testicle.

Hospital ultrasound has determined that there is a benign cyst on the epididymis of my right testicle (I have received a CD and written report of the ultrasound testicular test from the hospital).    

My urologist has determined that (though he cannot guarantee stopping the pain) he thinks it is best to remove the entire epididymis of the right testicle in hope to alleviate the situation.

What I would like to know, specifically, is whether anyone knows of, or has heard of alternative treatment, such as herbal remedy, or other, dealing with an epididymis cyst condition.

Please advise.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

For epididymal cysts, the management will depend on whether the patient is symptomatic or asymptomatic and on the size of the cyst.

In your case, you have noted testicular pain.I would assume that the cyst must be relatively large enough to cause the "extreme groin and testicular pain" that you have mentioned.

In most cases, the cyst may recur again and doing an aspiration of the fluid within the cyst may not be definitive.This may entail that you will have further cyst aspirations in the future.Surgical removal of the cyst seems to be the management of choice especially for patients who present with large symptomatic cysts.

Your surgeon will be the best person to discuss with you the implications of such surgery to your sexual life and current lifestyle.
I have recently gone to my urologist/surgeon and he explained (I still must get further clarification) that he wants to repair the hydro seal (water sack), and, also, remove the stermatic (not sure of spelling) chord.

In your professional opinion--and, obviously, not knowing all of the facts in the case--what do you think the common implications of such repair and removal are to one's  sexual life.