Urology Expert Forum
Cystitis Glandularis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cystitis Glandularis

I am a graduate student studying in US.
My uncle in China is diagnosed as Cystitis Glandularis last year. He got
treatment by operation, but sill re-occuring this year. And he need to do the
operation again, which will bring much pain to him. And it seems that the
treatment he got in China is not so efficient.
I am now helping him to seek some efficient treatment of such disease in US.
So I am posting this message here to get about some information on the treatment of such
disease in US. Is there any kind of medicine that can help?
Any kind of information is appreciated.
I am looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks very much for your help.
Yours truly,
Related Discussions
233190 tn?1278553401
Squamous metaplasia and cystitis glandularis are medical terms for certain noncancerous (benign) changes in the lining of the bladder. These changes don't represent a specific disease. They may be found incidentally on cystoscopy done for some other reason.

Cystitis glandularis describes another type of change in the bladder lining. These changes may occur as the result of many conditions such as:

* Chronic irritation such as from a bladder stone or urinary catheter
* Chronic urinary tract infection involving the bladder (cystitis)
* Allergies

If a cause can be identified, treatment is directed at the underlying problem. In some cases, the cause of these changes can't be determined.

Thus, without knowing the cause in your uncle's case, I cannot comment on treatment.  If there is chronic irritation from a stone or infection - it needs to be addressed, perhaps via removal of any stone or with long-term antibiotics.  

I certainly would pursue another urological opinion.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
Continue discussion Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543 tn?1463449675
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank