Cystoscopy Results
23-year-old female had a cystoscopy today with hydrodistention under general anesthetic.  Before the surgery, the urolgoist told me he was only taking biopsies if he found something that concerned him.  Well, he ended up taking biopsies.  But then, my mom told me that the urologist told her that everything "was fine."  We have been looking at IC as a possible diagnosis, and before this surgery, I have responded well to drugs like Sanctura XR and now Oxybutynin.  These meds have really taken the pain and frequency away and have improved the way I feel 100%.  I also feel like perhaps I am feeling some better after the hydrodistention itself, which I hear is possible treatment for IC.  Is it possible to have IC even if the uro claims the bladder "looks fine"?  If not, what else would be causing such terrible pain and frequency and yet responding to typical IC treatments?

(I will get the biopsy results next week sometime, I believe)
I also have IC and the only way that it can be diagnosed properly is by doing the procedure that you just had done. The urologist should have been able to tell you at the time, before they discharged you, whether or not it was IC.  Perhaps he/she is waiting for the biopsy results? I have the cystopic hydro's done every 6 months, the only other choice, in my case, is bladder augmentation, but we don't want to go there, yet. I tried using the drug "Elmiron" which is the only drug claimed to be successful, more so, at treating IC, but it didn't work for me. Now, it's just the hydro's, but the pain and frequency are always there, just less so after the procedures. So little is known about IC that they don't even know how many hydro's the bladder can take before it is harmful. I've also heard horror stories of patients who have had their bladders burst, from negligence in doing the hydro's. Sorry if I'm scaring you, but it's the truth,
Please let me know how it goes when you get the rest of the results.
And if you'd like to keep in touch, just Private Message me.
Hugs & Prayers.
Zepora