Cysts
Just wondering how common are cysts on the scrotum? Do they have the potential to turn into cancer? I belive I have what may be a cyst on the bottom left side of my scrotum. It's been there for several years, but I can't exactly pinpoint when I first noticed it. What has me concerned is that recently it has gotten slightly bigger, and has formed a little white head on top of it. The overall shape has not turned irregular, as it is still round almost oval, but some white stuff has oozed out of it recently when I touched it. Almost looked like oily pus. The size is comparable to the size of a pencil eraser and it generally does not hurt. Rather, it's just real annoying. It still feels hard, and it clearly can be felt within the skin of my scrotum and not my testicles. I'm considering having it examined by a physician, but I was wondering if someone out there is familiar with this. Just kinda of hoping someone can calm my fears a bit. Thanks.

Andy
Hi Andy,

Most of scrotal masses are usually benign. However, testicular cancer is always a consideration, this is why it is recommended that you have this evaluated by your doctor or urologist.  In your case, one differential could be a sebaceous cyst which is a collection of sloughed material from the skin surface. These cysts are usually clearly within the wall of the scrotum rather than inside the scrotum. These cyst are harmless but may be uncomfortable or become infected.

Take care and best regards.