Urology Expert Forum
Damaged testicle
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Damaged testicle

During an assault 4 months ago, I received a hard blow to the left testicle and was also injected in the left testicle with 'something'.

Since this incident:

1.My left testicle appears smaller than usual and has a 'mushy' outer surface.  Previously, left testicle was slightly bigger than right and hung lower.  Situation has now reversed (left testicle 4cm in length, right is 5cm approx.).

2.The epididymus is tender and soar and seems to generate uncomfortable pains up the left side of my body.  

3.The testicle itself is moderately painful but is getting better, I think.  

4.The variocele problem I already had appears worse.

5.I have experienced lower sex drive, reduced ejaculation volume and reduced physical performance when exercising.  Loss of energy / will.

6.Left testicle is much colder than right in morning.

7.Apparent change in volume of left testicle when going from standing to sitting.  May be hydrocele.

I had an ultrasound.  Results were:

1. 0.4cm left variocele.

2. 0.2cm epididymal cyst.

3. 3 small hyperchoic foci (<3mm) in left testicular parenchyma.  Consistent with microlithiasis.  Acoustic shadowing not seen.  

4. 1.3cm deep left hydrocele.

No other abnormalities.

(a)Could I have epididymitis?

(b)Is there any way of determining whether the left testicle works?

(c)What else could cause these symptoms.