Urology Expert Forum
Dead Testicle
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Dead Testicle

I suffered a testicle trauma 4 months ago.  I had a lot of pain in/around my left testicle for some time after.  The scrotum swelled up in the following days and varicose veins on the left side became very pronounced.  The swelling has now gone but I seem to be getting pains around my left testicle when in the sitting position for long periods, i.e. long drives etc.  After getting up and walking the pain goes away.  The testicle seems slightly numb relative to right.  This may be due to a hydracele that developed after the incident.

Can an infarcted (dead) testicle maintain a normal size?

Can it cause pain several months after its death?

Is there any way to determine whether a tesicle has died?

My worries are that the testicle was starved of blood, died and then blood supply returned.  Would this offset atrophy?

Tags: testicle, Pain