Urology Community
Decreased Penis Sensitivity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Decreased Penis Sensitivity

My question relates to penis sensitivity. I am a 22 year old male, and when I was younger I used to frequently engage in dry masturbation by rubbing my penis against my bed sheets. This method often produced too much friction and could even hurt, resulting in rawness or occasionally even bleeding, but I was unaware of other methods at the time and didn't want to stop. Whenever the penis was damaged, I would let it heal and then resume masturbation after a few days. Recently, it seems that my penis is less sensitive than it used to be, although its sensitivity does seem to fluctuate. So my question is whether or not my earlier dry masturbation habits could have permanently damaged the nerves in my penis resulting in decreased sensitivity, or, if the nerves were damaged, whether they could heal in time or not. Or maybe the problem is more psychological, or tied to how much I masturbate, which is still a few times every week. Any help is appreciated.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?  Decreases sensitivity may be caused by nerve issues or as you mentioned, possible psychological in nature. Permanent damage is unlikely especially if you can still do it several times a week. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.