Urology Community
Desperate mom seeks help with teen son having pain in testicles and swe...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Desperate mom seeks help with teen son having pain in testicles and swelling

My son has seen several doctors now because he was having severe pain in his left testicle, that would go away and come back, when the pain occures he can feel the vein from beneath it harden and the pain would move up to his hip bone.  A cat scan and ultra sound showed only a slight vericole seal (note sure of the correct spelling), which we have been told can't cause the pain.  His family doctor examined him and felt what she thought was a cist but by the next day when re examined by the doctor for surgery, he couldnt feel it.  He is scheduled for explorative surgery on March 16 for a possible sports hernia.  Now recently well bowling, the pain worsened and went to both testicles, and they both swelled up.  The doctor doing the surgery told me not to be concerned that to keep the date.  Today when my son urinated for the first time, he had pain from both testicles to the head of his penis and burning.  I contacted the doc doing for the surgery and he told me this is not related and that I needed to take him to the uro doc and keep the surgery as planned.  This has been going on for months!  The uro examined him and since the swelling is down he said that everything feels absolutely normal, although his examination was painful to my 17 year old son.  He scheduled a flow test to test for blockage now.  He said he doesnt think it will show anything, and in the event it doesn't he will send him to Hershey, to be reevaluated, I am going crazy here!  And I'm afraid that we are missing something!  He has had STD and VD testing both came back negative.  He took a urine test today and the uro said it was clear, I am unsure if that meant of blood or bacteria.  The uro doc also said that if it were his son he would cancel the surgery!  Please I am begging for someone to help me find out what is going on with my son.  There is no fever.  Now with regards to the burning if this makes sense I believe the last time he has antibiotics (zpac) for a sinus infection that we had this same thing. The burning has subsided now.  I appreciate anything you can suggest at this point.  Medical expenses are mounting and we still have no clue!