Detrusor Spincter Dyssynergia
Does anyone know what the typical symptoms/presentation of Detrusor Spincter Dyssynergia are? Is it usually obvious and consistent when it occurs?

I have been having unexplainable urinary conditions so far (I can elaborate if possible) and I'm thinking it could be DSD (although that would be worst case scenario, it could be something "better"). I have no know neurological problems. I have another urologist appointment in about a month.

Detruser dyssynergia means that you have poor control over the detrusor.

I received the same diagnosis in 1994. At the time I did not have any neurological symptoms. In 1996 this diagnosis was changed after a urodynamicas test. It was then changed to a diagnosis of a neurogenic bladder. Which means that I have poor control over my bladder due to neurological problems.

Again in 1996, I was unaware that I had any neurological problems.

In 1998 I came down with numbness in my fingers, hands and arms. About a year later I was then diagnosed as having a heriditary peripheral neuropathy.

From 1996 and on I have been using intermittant catherization to deal with this. This ensures that I don't have any residual urine left inside the bladder.

I would advice you to reconsider any neurological involvement. In your diagnosis of detrusor dyssinergia, does indicate that there is a problem with neurological function of the spincter that controls your bladder.

Some of the reasons for the defect in neurological function to your bladder could be due to, un diagnosed neurological problem, or even a back injury.
It might be beneficial to check your medical history that could explain the dysfunction of the detrusor.

I hope that this will have provided you with some insight.

Sincerely,

Ron