Urology Community
Did I see a polyp

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Did I see a polyp

On a routine visit to my GP It was blood was found in my urine. I had a cystoscopy performed on the 29th October.
I could see quite clearly on the screen the inside of my bladder. I was quite shocked to see a bright red swelling like a blood blister  the shape of a pea. Everything else inside my bladder was just pink with tiny red veins.  When I asked what it was the camera was quickly moved away. I was told that there is nothing nasty there. I have to have a CT scan just as a matter of routine they said, because the blood is still present.

My concern is did I see a polyp and should I have been told? Or did they move the camera so fast they missed it!  Should I tell my GP my concerns?
Welcome to the forum!
If there was blood then what you probably saw was a clot. It could also be a polyp as polyps in urinary bladder also cause blood in urine. Yes, you can voice your concerns with your GP as they are valid concerns. Also you must get complete investigations to rule out causes of blood in urine such as kidney and bladder stones, cancer of kidney and bladder, sickle cell anemia, bladder endometriosis (unlikely at your age), low platelet count, bladder injury and bladder infections.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do consult your doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!