Urology Community
Difficult to urinate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Difficult to urinate

Dear Sir Madam,

I am 29 years old and as a teenager I use to hold my urine in for long periods of time before emptying my bladder. At the age of 21 I found it very challenging to pass urine in the normal standing position, instead I would have to sit on the toilet seat to allow an easy urine  flow. Along with this challenge came the frustration of frequent urination, no burning sensation when I go, just that the flow is weak and I often experience a discomforting feeling in the navel and bladder area that would signal its time for me to urinate.   Throughout the years up until my 28th birthday the feeling would fluctuate but now it seem that it wont go away and I find myself waking up at least 3 to 4 times a night just to urine.   the flow is weak and my bladder is never full while emptying it. I have seen a  doctor about the problem and he prescribed 'Rapaflo' but it doesn't seem to be working and I have been taking it for about 1 month now.
Is there any advice you can give me on what you think could possibly be the problem; bladder, prostate or kidneys? also I took a blood test and gave urine sample and both test came back normal.

Thank you

This discussion is related to Fear of injury to the bladder because of holding urine too long..
Tags: Difficult to urinate