Urology Community
Difficulty urinating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Difficulty urinating

Can you help? I had a vasectomy 18mths ago and have since experienced difficuties urinating. I feel the need to urinate but it is difficult to start and i have struggle to finish. I do not have any pain but i wake in the night to urinate which i have never done prior to the operation. I have also on a few occasions had difficulty in achiving maintaining an erection again a problem i have never before experienced. I have experienced weight loss recently but have also been working long hours in a physical job. I am 29 yrs old and have just been to the doctor who tested my urine which showed no water infection. The doctor said he does not feel any abnormal mass on my prostate but thinks my symptoms are as a result of prostate trouble and nothing to do with my operation. I am waiting for the results of my blood test and have been refered to someone to investigate my condition. Can you give me any information based on my symptoms as i am worried that prostate trouble will lead to an operation which can cause impotence and the doctor seemed convinced that it is prostate trouble. Is it likly to be anything else? Don