Urology Expert Forum
Discomfort penis,groin,shudders,urine smells, no STI

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Six weeks ago I felt a tingle in the tip of my penis and also a slight discomfort in my groin. I have been tested for STIs (waited for 10 days) and the tests are negative.

Now the tingle is not so intense. The groin discomfort is less but when I need to pee I really need to pee.

I have also noticed that my urine smells more than usual with quite a bit of froth on the surface of the toilet bowel.

Also my scrotum is clammy most of the time. (but not smelly)

The latest is that when I pee the whole of my groin and legs feel an intense shuddering and it feels like there are tingles shooting everywhere over my back and legs.

Any ideas???
Infection still would be the most likely cause of the symptoms.  Even if the tests for STDs (gonorrhea or chlamydia) are negative, I would still send the urine out for culture.  

I would also test the prostate for infection - which can be done via a digital rectal examination and expression of prostatic fluid.  Your personal physician or urologist should be able to do this.  If negative, a transrectal ultrasound can be considered to evaluate for any prostatic abscesses.  Prostate infections can be very difficult to treat, sometimes requiring 4-12 weeks of antibiotics.  

You can discuss these options with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b